Every year at this time many families get together to celebrate one of the better holidays of the year. I say better holidays because it isn’t about gifts, or a rest from work, or even anything sentimental in nature. It simply is a day to be thankful, to appreciate all that we have in life. I know what some people might be thinking right now, “hey I don’t have that much to be thankful for”. Well you would be wrong to think that, and I’ll tell you why. Ever heard the saying, “I was sad because I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet.” This is a saying that rings especially true when we think about all the things that we should be thankful for this thanksgiving. I try and think about all the things that I have in my life to be thankful for. Every last one of us has trials and tribulations we go through in life, but that’s what makes life worth living. It’s about how you absorb those trials and tribulations that ultimately determine what kind of life you lead and the legacy you leave behind. So here are a few reasons why I am thankful this Thanksgiving.
1) Firstly I am thankful to be alive and healthy. No matter what happens if you are in good health you have the opportunity to control your circumstances.
2) I am grateful for the good people who have come into my life. This life would be a very long and lonely journey without people to share it with. I am grateful for those people whom I hold close (Family and Friends) and also those who have come into my life and share the same values of integrity.
3) I am thankful for waking up every morning and knowing that I’m about to go and do something that I love. I truly love my job and the people that I work with and for many people this isn’t the case, but I have been very lucky to do what I truly love.
4) I am thankful for living in a country where any man or woman has ample opportunity to achieve anything that they want. We truly live in a great nation that assists you by giving you opportunity to achieve great things.
5) I am thankful to live in a time where technology is evolving at such a rapid rate and in a time where one minute you could be a bum on the street and the next an internet millionaire.
6) I am thankful to know that even today good people out number the bad 100 to 1. I have seen what can be achieved when great people get together and I’m thankful to know that for every one bad person I encounter who pulls me one step back I will come across 100 good people who will pull me 100 steps forward.
We all have things to be thankful for this thanksgiving. All of us have different reasons to be thankful, for some it’s our jobs, for others our kids, our friends, the sun shining, a promotion, a kind word, just to be alive, to meet someone new, to experience life, there are so many reasons to be thankful. Always remember you only get one body and one life to make the best of it. Wouldn’t it be a shame if you wasted it being ungrateful.
So be thankful for all that you have and all that you have to achieve in this short journey called life. I am thankful to you all for being a part of my life in whatever form you have taken and I wish you all a very happy thanksgiving! I leave you with a couple of inspirational quotes, enjoy.
“As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” – John F. Kennedy
“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” – Albert Einstein